Summary : Flexible packaging is usually done on Vertical or Horizontal Form-Fill-Seal (FFS) machines in which the roll of film or laminate comes in contact with itself or other metallic /non-metallic components of the FFS machine. The contact generates friction which can inhibit the material to run properly on the machines and achieve desired production speeds.
Measurements of frictional properties may be made on a film/laminate when sliding over itself or over another substance (usually stainless steel).
The amount of friction required to be overcome to initiate motion is called as the Static Coefficient of Friction and the amount of friction required to be overcome to continue the motion is called as the Kinetic Coefficient of Friction.
Applicable to : Plastic Film and Laminates.
Test Method : A sled weighing 200 ± 5 g is wrapped around with the test specimen and made to slide over a similar substrate or stainless steel surface with a speed of 150 ± 30mm/min. The initial and average drag force (in grams) is recorded and divided by the sled weight (200g) to calculate the static and kinetic COF respectively.
Coefficient of Friction Tester. (Static + Dynamic Friction Tester)
Motorized automatic model
Digital Model with Backlit LCD Display for easy readibility.
With user-friendly instructions on LCD display.
With Embedded Push Button Control on Digital Indicator / Controller.
With Ball-Screw driven actuator for smooth and maintenance-free operation.
With Hybrid Stepper Motor with Stepper Drive for precise speed control.
Vibration / noise free operation.
Automatic Calculation of Static & Dynamic COF. No Calculation Required.
with facility to measure Dynamic (Kinetic) and Static Friction.
with Auto-Calibration facility.
Suitable to test COF of Paper, Paper Board, Plastic Films, Laminates, etc.
Confirming to TAPPI – T 549 / ASTM D – 1894 specifications.
Includes 200gm Sled.
Model # M1D-S
- With 1 Kg Loadcell and 0.0005 cof resolutions.
- Very Sensitive Model.
- Recommended for R&D laboratory setup.
Model # M10D-S
- With 10 Kg Loadcell and 0.005 cof resolutions.
- Rough-n-Tough Model.
- Recommended for QC / QA laboratory setup.
Data Acquisition System (PC Software)
For Upgrade to Fully Automatic PC controlled Model
- Full Controls via computer.
- With Computer Uplink Facility for Data Processing
- Reporting of Static as well as Dynamic friction component.
- Test Report Printing Facility (Load vs travel graph)
( Includes Software and Linking Hardware. PC & Printer to be provided by you. )
Utilities Required (To be supplied by the buyer) :
- Power Supply : 110/230 Volts AC at 60/50 Hz. (Fluctuation Free Power required)
- Desktop PC or Laptop PC (if Data Acquisition System is selected.)
Processor Type : Pentium Core I3 or better. (Preferably Core I5 or Higher)
Memory : 4 GB RAM or better
Space : 50 GB free HDD space (minimum)
Monitor : 17” or Larger Color Monitor with 1280 x 1024 resolution or better
Operating System: Windows 7
Supporting Software :
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (Latest Version).
- Microsoft Dot Net Framework (Latest Version)
- Communication : 9-Pin (DB9) Serial Port (RS-232) REQUIRED
- Printer : Laser or Inkjet Printer. (No Dot-matrix support)
IQOQ Documentation Set available for Pharmaceutical companies